Case Study: PlaceIQ Drives 118% Lift of In-Store Sales for Major CPG Brand
PlaceIQ, Medialets and FRWD Team Up to Drive 118% Lift of In-Store Sales for Major CPG Brand Through Mobile Ad Campaign
PlaceIQ, the mobile audience company, along with Medialets, the essential platform for mobile advertising, and FRWD, a leader in Shopper & Mobile marketing reveal how their innovative approach to mobile marketing was able to directly spike in-store sales for CPG client, Meguiar’s (an auto care products brand owned by 3M)
- Build a multi-faceted mobile ad campaign to drive in-store sales
- Leverage all the benefits unique to mobile (SMS, rich capabilities like “touch”, barcode scanning and, most importantly, location and audience)
Meguiar’s agency, FRWD, engaged PlaceIQ and Medialets for the mobile advertising campaign.
PlaceIQ determined optimal markets to support based on Meguiar’s sales data, customer sales data, target population and market share. Using Place Context, they identified the best places and times to reach relevant auto audiences.
These highly targeted consumers were then served a truly rich mobile advertising experience, created, served and measured by Medialets. The rich media iPhone ad unit initiated a banner that prompted users to “tap” to learn more about a special offer and find a store. When tapped, the banner expanded to reveal a dirty car that a user could ‘clean’ by wiping the screen with their finger. The ad unit emulated the experience of using Meguiar’s Car Wax in a fun and interactive way and helped drive users to retail.
Analysis of Meguiar’s in-store retail sales for both control markets and exposed markets revealed the following compelling results achieved:
Market Level Sales lift:
- 118% Sales lift for exposed markets over controlled markets in retail sales
Rich Media Unit engagement
- 109% lift in response rates (CTR) with location enhanced data compared with non-location enhanced units
- Engagement rate = 2X Medialets’ benchmarks
- 150% lift in response rates compared to standard banner averages
Mobile Site Engagement
- 21% watched “How-To” videos on the go
- 20% used the Store Locator
- 83% browsed products
Insights and Intelligence:
The Meguiar’s campaign was successful in proving that mobile advertising can effectively drive in-store sales.
- Added Value: PlaceIQ was able to unlock and report upon a wealth of learning’s and insights around audience engagement. Among the highlights were that College Students and Young Adults were the most engaged audience segments in the Houston market; whereas in Orlando, families and Senior’s made up the most engaged audience. These new and powerful learning’s allow for direct messaging and strategy to specific audiences in specifics markets in the future
- Multi-Faceted Marketing: This campaign exemplifies the true opportunity of intelligent, targeted, mobile marketing. Not only by efficiently targeting a specific audience with the right rich and engaging message, at the right time and place, but also by capturing the real success of this approach – moving consumers all the way through the path to purchase, while being able to measure and provide insights on that closed loop
- Bright Outlook: We believe this represents mobile-specific innovation in measurement, targeting, Shopper Marketing and collaborative integration. Moreover, with this just Meguiar’s second year experimenting with mobile marketing, this success bodes extremely well for the adoption of mobile in general.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can work with us!